Have Your Say
A report was presented to Council on 19 January 2021 on the outcomes of the community consultation.
Council resolved to endorse the Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2021-2025 and appointed the Mayor, Cr Allen Harris and Cr Thuy Nguyen as the Elected Member representatives on the City of Prospect Disability Access and Inclusion Advisory Group.
You can read the Council Report and Minutes in the Key Documents section located on the right of this page.
Following recent community consultation, which included the "Mayor's Disability Consultative Forum" held on 10 September 2020, a Draft Disability Access and Inclusion Plan 2020-2024 (DAIP) has been developed to demonstrate City of Prospect’s commitment to improving the participation of all people with a disability across a range of areas, so they can enjoy the rights and opportunities provided to all citizens and reach their full potential.
The Draft Plan has been developed to position City of Prospect to move beyond minimum mandatory inclusion requirements and proactively commence strategies to support best practice towards disability access and inclusion.
The Draft Plan includes the following outcomes to support people with disabilities:
- People with disabilities will have equitable access to buildings, facilities, services and events;
- People with disabilities will have equitable access to information and communication opportunities;
- Eliminate discrimination against people with disability;
- Ensure the legal equality of people with disability;
- Promote the recognition and acceptance within the community that people with disability have the same rights as the rest of the community;
- Ensure Council’s employment practices will be inclusive.
Have your say on the Draft Plan by completing the survey below.
Community Consultation was conducted from 5 to 27 November 2020.